Friday, April 06, 2007

Nuclear Proliferation/Fun With Maps

My interest in the story of the Rainbow Warrior led me to compile some maps that will be useful for me to include in a unit on the proliferation of nuclear weapons:

This one shows how many and where nuclear tests have been conducted around the world.


This one shows which countries possess nuclear weapons and how many they are believed to have.


This one shows where nuclear power plants are currently producing energy within the United States.



This one shows the position of monitering facilites set up to detect nuclear tests world wide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WINSTON ,I FIND THIS GLOGAL VIEW OF THE CLOUD OF DEATH THAT WE ARE FORED TO LIVE UNNDER IS TRULY VERY DIFFICULT TO GET MY MIND ARROUND.THIS SHOULD BE AN EXCITING LEARNING UNIT FOR CLASS.BY THE WAY, WHY IS ISREAL IN RED? " DOC" PS .I AM DOING THIS MYSELF!